At Thermo Fisher, our mission is to serve science and improve lives. The Digital Transformation team is tasked with applying industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment of world-class software products built to leverage the power and scalability of the cloud. We are looking for a Solutions Architect with experience in cloud based software development and deployment in clinical or research settings within life sciences or related domains. The ideal candidate is someone who helps us drive innovative business solutions utilizing the next wave of emerging technologies such us cloud, IoT, advanced data processing, and rich analytics tool sets.
As a Solutions Architect, you should be well versed and comfortable communicating and applying your deep architectural knowledge along with your practical solutions experience in a way that helps development teams with a wide variety of experience with visualizing and building highly advanced yet simple to use scientific applications for the cloud. You will sometimes have the role of teacher and consultant, and at other times be a developer on a team or a product owner, but you will always be able to read your audience and adapt your style to achieve credibility quickly and help them be the best that they can be.
- Collaborate with product managers, program/project managers, business development, field/commercial, and engineering stakeholders to establish overall strategy for the Thermo Fisher Cloud platform for the business areas assigned.
- Work with divisional stakeholders to distill strategy in to tangible requirements and product roadmaps for the Thermo Fisher Cloud and related software/hardware applications.
- Perform research in to industry trends, requirements, and approaches to help ensure strategy and roadmaps are successful in the market place.
- Identify and define required system interfaces and map dependencies.
- Educate R&D teams about proper processes and approaches to take when developing solutions.
- Participate in development and implementation projects in the role of a consulting architect.
- Develop a network of experts throughout the organization, industry and suppliers. Bring company and industry knowledge as well as creative technical skills to product creation; be a content, sub-discipline specialist across the company.
- A BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) together with 5+ years software development
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Background in Information Technology and/or Software Development, including knowledge and understanding of modern cloud, service-oriented, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) architectures.
- Specific knowledge of Internet of Things (IoT) is a plus.
- Successful candidate will have exposure to Dev Ops and SDLC best practices
- Technical experience in Architecture patterns and Microservices Architecture
- Experience with requirements elicitation, documentation, and design specifications for software.
- Experience with a formal software development methodology such as Agile is required.
- Knowledge of DDD and TDD is highly desired.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams is a strong plus.
- Candidate must be self-starter, detail oriented, and highly motivated individual.
- Ability to convey very complex information in both written and oral form to both non-technical and deeply technical audiences
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.