Thermo Fisher is seeking a dyanamic Cost Accountant to be part of the Group accounting function within the Life Sciences Group segment of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Group accounting function is responsible for accurate and timely global LSG segment ($4B in revenue) consolidations and reporting.
What will you do?
The Cost Accountant will have responsibilities related to, the integration of prior acquisitions, consolidations and assistance in the review of periodic results of the LSG segment. This role will work closely with the shared service center, the corporate accounting team and the LSG segment FP&A groups. This person will need to be able to research technical accounting issues and provide accurate guidance in a timely manner. Additionally, this role will support Global Cost accounting processes including Capitalized Variances, Global inventory valuations, inter-company and Goods In-Transit reconciliations.
- Create and maintain SKU level standard costs in accordance with corporate policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Collaborate with manufacturing personnel on structure and validity of BOM and routing data. Update, collect and study data to determine costs of business activities.
- Provide accurate, timely costing information to the business to support business decisions.
- Review and develop standard work to ensure variances arising from purchase prices and work orders are investigated and any necessary corrective actions implemented.
- Assist in the analysis of financial data and assess relevant information; interpret data for the purpose of applying past financial performance to future standards.
- Provide support as required for cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs.
- Reconcile ending inventory balances on monthly basis.
- Manage the excess and obsolete inventory reserves based on guidance from corporate policy.
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or the equivalent education and one to four years of relevant cost accounting experience are required
- Experience in JDE (E1) or similar ERP system, proficiency in Excel and Macro and an understanding of working in a matrixes organization a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to interface effectively with all levels of company employees. Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- Self-Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure a smooth office operation
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and ability to perform as a team player
- Some traveling is required