When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Transplant Diagnostics (TDX) business (also known as One Lambda) is the worldwide leader in HLA typing and antibody detection assays, and is known for its commitment to quality, service and innovation. Founded in 1984 by Dr. Paul Teraski, a pre-eminent researcher in the field of transplantation, One Lambda is a pioneer in transplant diagnostics. One Lambda’s tests are used by transplant centers for tissue typing, primarily to determine the compatibility of donors and recipients pre-transplant, and to detect the presence of antibodies that can lead to transplant rejection.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to increase market share and generate revenue with our proprietary and leading edge molecular diagnostics products.
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets by prospecting for new customers in Blood Transfusion
- Effective territory management as it relates to targeting, frequency, message and programs
- Attend trade and vendor shows and meetings as needed
- Act as a Voice of the Customer for marketing activities
- Maximize the business opportunities in each account, and convert customer problems into sales opportunities
- Focus of territory is US, but travel to Europe and Rest of World is anticipated
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or related field
- 5 years of experience in Scientific Sales and/or working in a blood antigen testing laboratory
- Strong presentation, analytical and customer service skills complimented by a solutions-oriented track record
- Gather data on competitors and analyzes market conditions
- Work closely with the Transfusion Diagnostics Team in providing market and customer intelligence for developing and executing the long-term strategic business plans
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to comprehend, utilize and communicate technical information
- Detail oriented and independent with sense of urgency
- Experience and knowledge of molecular diagnostic assay technology
This position requires between 35-70 % of travel both domestically and internationally and is remotely based anywhere in the domestic U.S.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
- Commercial diagnostics experience
- Hands-on experience in PCR, RT-PCR, or other molecular biology techniques
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.