When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Doe & Ingalls, a Thermo Fisher Scientific brand, is an extension of our customers’ supply chain management team, offering customers a range of supply chain solutions that can dramatically improve manufacturing and production operations. We understand the minor and major implications that affect the biopharma production chemical and materials space. Without compromising quality, we help customers’ mitigate risk, increase productivity, and reduce costs so they can more effectively bring lifesaving therapies to the marketplace.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing the strategic marketing plan for the Production Chemical Channel business. This role will also own the overall brand strategy, including business positioning and messaging of the brand both internally and externally. The Senior Manager will have a deep understanding of the market, competitors, as well as customer needs, using this knowledge and insight to drive the development and implementation of sales training and sales support materials that demonstrably support the sales team. He or she is responsible for leading the Marketing department and growing and developing team members.
- Develop and execute the Production Chemical Channel brand strategy, including business positioning and messaging of the brand both internally and externally. Collaborate with Division, Group, and Thermo Fisher marketing stakeholders to ensure the brand is positioned in consideration of broader strategies across the enterprise.
- Develop a detailed understanding of competitors globally; analysis must result in a comprehensive profile (including business model; operational capabilities; sales and marketing tactics and strategies; strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats profile) of each competitor, as well as strategic proposals and tactics to employ against each competitor to include a robust go-to-market strategy and key business programs and initiatives that will deliver the financial metrics for each product line globally.
- Development of the marketing strategic plan in collaboration with key business stakeholders that considers each market segment. Collaborate with Division marketing stakeholders to ensure alignment with Division strategies and tactics.
- Develop marketing campaigns to drive profitable revenue growth for all business initiatives, including global market expansion, existing customer share of wallet growth, leads for new customer engagements, as well as programs as needed to respond to production market dynamics and customer needs/expectations, etc.
- Collaborate with sales leadership to develop and implement a comprehensive and ongoing sales training curriculum that results in an industry leading solution sales team.
- Develop and execute comprehensive and compelling sales support materials that demonstrably supports the sales team in executing the sales processes for both product and solution sales.
- Develop and execute an internal employee communications and training strategy that contributes to employee retention, engagement, and drives an inside out brand experience for customers.
- Uses market research and data to understand drivers of current marketing/business results and develops detailed strategies, tactics, and CARs to ensure business success.
- Collaborates with Portfolio, and other business stakeholders, to use market research, market knowledge, and customer feedback to identify new product/ solution capabilities to support differentiated market and business growth.
- Manage employee development, train and promote growth and development.
- Work with team members to establish goals and advise on ways to improve performance, achieve goals and help sales to obtain expected quotas.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years marketing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in business or equivalent experience in appropriate specialty (marketing, communications or branding, sales).
- Experience marketing services and/or complex solutions in the Life Sciences market.
- Proven ability to understand key drivers of business to business selling and revenue growth.
- Proven ability to develop and implement disciplined marketing plans that result in achievement of desired business results.
- Solid understanding of life science market segments and channel relationships.
- Experience in developing market understanding and competitive positioning, then using this knowledge to drive refinements to the marketing plan to achieve business results.
- Experience in managing a marketing team to meet business objectives and drive results.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer orientation and problem solving, can-do attitude.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional leadership and support sales organizations.
- Strong written/oral communication and presentation skills with effective strategies for interacting with a wide variety of audiences.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)