When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Product Manager, Gene Synthesis at Thermo Fisher Scientific is responsible for managing the gene synthesis product portfolio, its accelerated market growth, product life cycle and new product development within the synthetic biology business unit. The correct candidate must possess a track record of success in driving business innovation, product development, building /leading cross- functional teams and have the ability to effectively communicate at an executive level. The successful candidate will be a strong leader operating within a cross-functional team executing the tactics to fill market needs, and will serve as the customer advocate interacting with functional partners including R&D, Manufacturing, Market Development, Finance, Customer Services, Quality and Regulatory Associates. The ideal candidate processes a strong knowledge of the commercial needs of the Synthetic biology community and the challenges it faces. The Gene synthesis product manager reports to the director of product management within the Synbio business unit that is part of the biosciences division.
What will you do?
- Manage the existing product life cycle via:
- Create, manage and monitor business plan & product road map for existing products.
- Establish product positioning recommendations and guidance to the local organization and BU Market segment teams:
- Drive growth of product through direct and indirect customer interactions
- Catalog and web maintenance tasks.
- Conduct and present comprehensive product training
- Provide technical support to sales teams for essentials / accessory products
- Proactively cooperate with other departments especially with respect to maintenance of product continuity and development of disruptive technologies.
- Proficiency in developing and aligning strategies and plans to future consequences and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to question the status quo and drive change successfully
- Analyze, interpret, and report out monthly management reports in regards to product sales activity to budget, programs, market and channel trends and competition
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving techniques and take on business challenges to expand market share.
- Understand how the businesses operates and demonstrates knowledge of policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the organization and industry
- Results oriented with bottom-line focus to motivate self and others to consistently achieve goals
- Results and proactive solution driven, the ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks
How will you get here?
- BS/BA in life science field is strongly preferred.
- Has worked in or closely with product management function.
- Experience in managing an existing product portfolio
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a multinational/multicultural environment
- Global business acumen
- Strong technical capabilities consistent with life science market segment
- Experience with forecasting, budgeting and analysis of business situations, competitive profiles and pricing analysis
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com