When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Summary: Utilize information architecture and systems analysis techniques to support product content development/maintenance needs of the global content model. Manipulate raw data provided in a variety of formats for import into the content management systems. Manage recurring content activities such as asset imports, content imports, price imports, etc. Build and maintain export definitions to support recurring exports of content from the content management systems. Transform content as exported from the content management systems into user-friendly formats. Support ongoing development of the data model, content transformation techniques, and the content management systems.
- Import files containing new content into the content management systems and identify methods that can be used to optimize this process
- Evaluate requests for data from various parties. Identify the data required to fulfill the request, even if it is from multiple sources. Collect data from various sources and transform and merge the data as required to meet the specifications of the model or requestor
- Build exports to get information out of the content management systems and manipulate the exported data to put it into a format that is easily understood by external users
- Perform routine price and asset imports into the content and digital asset management systems
- Test and troubleshoot import, export, and other functionality related to the content management systems
- Analyze data discrepancies and inconsistencies using Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and other analytical tools or methods
- Support the integration of content among the company’s disparate systems
- Explore new business uses for content
- Develop and execute data transformation of exports
- One or more years’ experience in information management, data management, database management, data analytics, or related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, including the use of Macros
- Understanding of database concepts: Objects, Tables, Queries, Relationships, etc.
- Working knowledge of XML, XSL, Java, Impex and SQL preferred
- Familiarity with data-manipulation techniques, data management, database schemas, and design principles
- Ability to follow systems design methodologies to evolve abstract ideas into technical solutions
- Ability to transfer data in and out of various systems, and of various formats, while maintaining data integrity
- Familiarity with Data modeling and system integration
- Familiarity with any of the following CMS and MDM solutions desired: Hybris PCM, Adobe CQ5, SAP, Agility Multichannel, MediaBin, Oracle Web Center; or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Management or related field
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks to meet designated deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers with regard to project progress and deadlines
- Ability to work under guidance as well as effectively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues
- Ability to learn new technologies and self-train when appropriate
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.