When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Develop product strategies/new product development partnering with current product management and R&D
- Own all sales/ account management responsibilities of Product Inspection products to all pharma sites including resolving any issues
- Partner with Thermo Fisher Pharm Corporate Accounts team to penetrate Pharm market
- Confirm all system configurations, specifications and acceptance conditions are appropriate for closing orders.
- Manage system demonstrations by working closely with application engineers and product marketing managers.
- Manage the sales booking process.
- Indentify and manage distribution/channel/OEM partners
- Initiate/ identify/create new opportunities, schedule product seminars and workshops, coordinate demonstrations with hardware and software applications engineering team, and grow the pharma sales opportunity pipeline globallly
- Proper deployment and execution of the defined Annual Business Plan to develop and execute on a Product Inspection global territory Win Strategy
- Deliver bookings and revenue for Product Inspection products consistent with allocated quarterly target/ yearly budget
- Represent Product Inspection business at high level meetings and marketing events with customers and pharmaceutical company at the technical user and at C Suite level; CSO, CIO and CTO level
- Develop and maintain relationships with leaders in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Support the full sales cycle for Product Inspection workflow solutions, including making initial contact, providing technical expertise through sales presentations and demonstration
- Manage product issues in the field by working closely with the Account service group and application engineers for solutions.
- Work with Product Inspection Service to achieve excellent customer satisfaction
- Assess key performance metrics of Product Inspection value proposition to align with pharma company success standards
- Provide regular feedback/assessment of pharma market requirements for manufacturing globally
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum bachelor's degree in life sciences/biology/biomedical engineering background strongly preferred, master's degree desired
- Typically requires 10 years’ experience in a relevant technical sales environment, specific experience in pharmaceutical sales, marketing or corresponding large scale imaging or analysis equipment sales
- Previous employment in or servicing a pharmaceutical company is preferred
- Prefer familiarity with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Highly developed negotiation skills for customer interaction and closure of sales and other issues.
- Excellent command of CRM (Microscoft, Salesforce, SalesLogix) to generate key updates to pipeline deliverables
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively interact at a senior executive level
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep customer relationships and credibility, to gain insight into customers’ requirements
- Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally and possession of a valid passport
- Experience working with pharmaceutical company purchasing department and procedures
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company modeling the company 4i values. Builds a great working environment for the employees. Attracts, develops, retains, and motivates the talent needed to be a world class, high performing team.
- Travel requirement depends on candidates location; travel up to 75% may be required.
- Creativity and innovation
- Planning and Organization
- Attention to details and results
- Business acumen
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.