The Regional Immunoassay Field Application Scientist will work in tandem with our commercial, R&D and product management team as the technical consultant/expert during both pre-sales and post-sales meetings. Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers and internal stakeholders of the company and work collaboratively across different functional teams.
The successful candidate will have the ability to build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and life science customers, position and sell relevant products across customer applications. The Antibodies and Immunoassays Systems portfolio contains innovative, high quality reagents to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery with a strong focus on the areas of cellular immunity, immunotherapy and oncology. Our extensive portfolio of leading edge cell analysis products and technologies focused on flow cytometer and immunodetection position our customers to be at the forefront of science. With the inclusion of branched DNA technology in our portfolio, we now give our customers the ability to simultaneously detect both protein and RNA at the single cell level by flow cytometer using our PrimeFlow™ assay and by microscopy use our ViewRNA™ cell assays. Our QuantiGene® Plex assay uses Luminex® technology coupled with branched DNA to allow the quantitation of up to 80 genes in a single well from a sample lysate with no enzyme based amplification.
- Act as the technical lead during customer engagements throughout the sales cycle. Demonstrating clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in Immunoassays
- Work closely with LSG commercial counterparts and distributor reps to develop specific account growth strategy, account mapping and penetration
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of customer interactions in CRM system
- Assist in the achievement of assigned territory sales and profit goals within expense budget plan by proactively calling on existing and potential new customers via field visits, telephone, and events
- Assist in the development of comprehensive training materials and delivery of training for this customer segment
- Gathering customer information about technical trends/needs to support development of selling strategies and future products
- Establish collaborative relationships with key partners to develop customer champions
- Execute experiments that support technical marketing efforts
- Identifies and mitigates competitive barriers by staying current on scientific/industry trends and innovations
- Provide bi-weekly and other ad hoc reporting as required
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in science related field with 3-5 years of experience in either developing or implementing analytical solutions for the life sciences industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical accounts
- Experience in assay development or implementation of products utilizing one or more of the following immunology, cell biology and molecular biology
- Ability to organize large problems into addressable actions
- Field travel as necessary including International travel (50% or more)
- Strong communication and analytical skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Results and proactive solution driven, the ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks
- Able to deliver engaging presentations that reach both non-technical and technical audiences