When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How you will make an impact?
The individual will work as part of the Human Identification R&D team to lead the technical development of new products, evaluate new technologies and troubleshoot/improve existing technologies.
What you will do?
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on product development projects.
- Independently plan and execute experiments to test new assay formulations.
- Critically analyze complex data, interpret and integrate experimental results with project objectives.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree with demonstrated background in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or other closely related discipline.
- 4+ years relevant industry experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results and solve problems.
- Record of accomplishment should be demonstrated by publications or patents.
- Experience with statistical analysis software, preferably JMP.
- Experience in assay development for Sample Prep/Extraction of Nucleic Acids, qPCR, and/or Capillary Electrophoresis detection applications would be a key differentiator.
- Solid understanding of MSA and DOE process improvement methodologies.
- Familiarity with the Forensic Human Identification workflow, including automated nucleic acid extraction from casework samples.
- Experience in product commercialization and familiarity with design controls.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com