When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary: A Business Analyst (BA) works in IT as a liaison between IT and the specific business functions they support. A successful Business Analyst has a unique set of qualifications that combines in-depth functional domain knowledge with a passion and aptitude for technology and continues improvement. The position requires a thorough understanding of business processes and is the resident expert in the business systems that enable them. The position analyses business requirements and designs and implements process and system improvements following a best-practices based approach. They provide first-level business application support to key users, analyses system, data and process problems and determines corrective actions, possibly with assistance from tier-two or vendor support. A Business Analyst works closely with key users and business leaders and across multiple levels in the organization. They play a key role in driving continuous improvement and advancing business performance. This specific position supports the business using SAP ERP Central Component (ECC).
- Analyze, document and prioritize business requirements in cooperation with key users, process owners and business leaders.
- Analyze, model and document current-state and future-state business processes.
- Design and implement process improvements and system enhancements that conform to industry and application best-practices.
- Prepare IT investment proposals and demonstrate the value of IT investments in financial and strategic terms to business and IT leadership.
- Maximize the utilization of existing business applications and technologies to meet business requirements and to improve the leverage of IT assets.
- Evaluate, select and implement bolt-on applications to meet specific business requirements not met by the core ERP system.
- Analyze and define business reporting requirements and implement in cooperation with the business intelligence team.
- Perform data analysis using queries and ad-hoc reporting tools. Document application work instructions and training materials.
- Provide periodic class room training on supported systems and changes to systems.
- Provide day-to-day application support to key users.
- Troubleshoot technical application and data issues and engage with the corporate SAP group or third party suppliers for higher levels of support.
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values.
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and support all PPI, Keys and Lean projects.
- Perform other duties and cross training as assigned.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, operations management or engineering (equivalent work experience acceptable).
- Five years of progressive experience implementing and/or supporting SAP.
- Functional domain expertise in production planning, manufacturing, materials management and/or engineering.
- Focused on results by emphasizing delivery of measurable business benefits.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze complex systems, and troubleshoot and isolate system issues.
- Demonstrates self-discipline and motivation in all aspects of job performance.
- Experience with structured cabling implementation and design.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to complete assignment with minimal direction.
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to networking problems and issues.
- Must adapt to rapidly changing technologies.
- Enhanced PC knowledge and skill sets utilizing Microsoft products.
- Experience with Cognos or other BI tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Interest in expanding one’s knowledge in the technology industry.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong attention to detail.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Complex discrete make-to-order manufacturing environment.
- Product configuration technology.
- Data analysis using SQL Queries.
- Certifications: SAP, APICS, CBAP.