When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group
Division: LSG Commercial
Business Unit: Commercial Global Service Support & Customer Service
How will you make an impact?
You will provide a high level of customer service to assist our internal and external customers in their day to day activity resulting in generating impactful success.
What will you do?
- Utilize sales order entry system, website, price lists and job aids to provide accurate information to customers. Responding quickly and professionally to all order placement requests and customer inquiries, including pricing, availability, order status, shipping details, etc.
- Communicate with customers and internal support teams via email and telephone regarding a large variety of topics.
- Assess individual customer requirements and direct activities to appropriate departments.
- Follow established service quality standards and meet order and inquiry processing time standards (talk time, after call work, order accuracy etc.)
- Some aspects of the job will be recurring and routine, other assignments will be moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Provide expertise and guidance to other Customer Care Representatives.
- May determine own methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other personnel
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers
- Engage in and drive PPI initiatives related to
How will you get here?
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Business Administration or a scientific discipline. Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Working knowledge of Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise One Software required. Working knowledge of SAP Software preferred.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of personal computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 2 years of related customer service experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- This position requires repetitive typing, considerable interaction on the telephone and regular viewing of a computer monitor.
- The use of voice is required for a significant portion of the day. Most of the other physical demands are typical with those associated with an office environment.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure good customer service.
- Must be flexible with hours worked to support department hours 8-8, Monday through Friday. Some Holiday work may be required.
- Must have the ability to identify and solve problems and to multi-task under deadline
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.