Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group
Division: LSG Commercial
Business Unit: Commercial Global Service Support & Customer Service
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Genomic Orders Team is searching for great internal candidates. We serve customers who are on the cutting edge of science; this business will familiarize you with our website as you assist customers who are leveraging our E-commerce functionality - a major area of growth for our business. Most of our work comes in electronically and we need people who can communicate professionally and effectively with our customers. We work as a team to meet our customer expectations for service level and ensure we meet our own internal metrics for team performance. You will provide a high level of customer service to assist our internal and external customers in their day to day activity resulting in generating impactful success.
What will you do?
- Learn about an important and specialized set of products as we support order entry and guide our customers in the ordering process as well as guide them to self-service.
- Utilize sales order entry system, website, price lists and job aids to provide accurate information to customers. Respond quickly and professionally to all order placement requests and customer inquiries which may include pricing, availability, order status, shipping details, etc.
- Build relationships internally, some examples include: Manufacturing, Product Management, Planning, Distribution, Technical Service, and Sales. Assess individual customer requirements and direct activities to appropriate departments.
- Identify, engage in, and drive process improvement initiatives. May determine own methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to other personnel.
- Follow established service quality standards and meet order and inquiry processing time standards (talk time, after call work, order accuracy etc.)
- Some aspects of the job will be recurring and routine, other assignments will be moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Provide expertise and guidance to other Customer Care Representatives.
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers
How will you get here?
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Business Administration or a scientific discipline. Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and multi-task under deadline.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of personal computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise One Software required. Working knowledge of SAP Software preferred.
- 2 years of related customer service experience preferred; knowledge/experience within an E-Commerce environment a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Detail oriented and has the ability examine and triage customer requests that often look similar, but can vary greatly.
- This position requires repetitive typing, considerable interaction on the telephone and regular viewing of a computer monitor.
- The use of voice is required for a significant portion of the day. Most of the other physical demands are typical with those associated with an office environment.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure good customer service.
- Must be flexible with hours worked to support department hours 8-8, Monday through Friday. Some Holiday work may be required.
- Must have the ability to identify and solve problems and to multi-task under deadline
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.