Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing product support and training on Thermo Fisher genetic analysis systems and applications being utilized in academics, clinical labs, and biotech companies, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction and loyalty resulting in a contribution to the overall success of the business. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through your career.
- Support our customers in the area of cell biology and analysis, sample preparation, molecular biology, and protein analysis
- Provide product selection, applications, usage advice
- Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources. Escalate issues or problems when warranted.
- Work with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to build a strong customer database and assist the business by identifying, recording and escalating opportunities.
- Interact with local, regional and global colleagues to ensure sharing of knowledge
- The role is primarily office based and will be part of a dedicated professional call center team to remotely support technical queries, but occasionally will also be required to provide field support in training and troubleshooting at customer sites.
- May be required to perform other related duties as opportunities arise.
- 5+ years of hands-on work experiences in a wide range of molecular biology techniques.
- Excellent technical skill and experience in Flow Cytometry and imaging systems required
- A good understanding of cell biology, cell analysis, cloning, protein expression and molecular biology is necessary
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
- Ability to participate in discussions and to express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to deliver good presentations and participate discussion in both Mandarin and English
Self-motivated and engaged
- Able to work effectively to meet aggressive schedules
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Effectively work both within the team and with cross functional teams
- Ability to think and implement from a customer-centric perspective
- MSc or Ph. D. in Cell Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field
- Occasionally travel within Taiwan will be required.