A Material Handler works in a fast-paced environment with the goal of meeting/exceeding both our internal and external customers’ expectations. They are involved in receiving, examining, sorting, arranging, counting, storing, picking, and packing items for storage and shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
What will you do?
- Process shipping and receiving packages with speed, accuracy and close attention to detail.
- Prepare cGMP compliant documents
- Operate material handling equipment
- Prepare and ship materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
- Support interdepartmental communication relating to several groups such as Inventory Control, Manufacturing, Customer Service and Shipping.
- Inventory receipt and storage of newly approved materials.
- Assume responsibility for special projects assigned by the Team Leads, Supervisor and/or management.
- Perform frequent inventory, stock rotation, and cycle counting.
- Restock and maintain inventory levels on shipping materials and supplies.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Performs work of a highly repetitive nature.
- Work in and out of a -20C Freezer and 5C Cold Room.
- Will walk and may occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift 50# or more.
- May handle “packaged” hazardous materials.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Must be available to work any shift (with advance notice of shift change).
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed.
- Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures and report non-compliance.
- Serve as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of near misses and attending safety training.
- Operate in a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all EHS programs and activities.
- Maintain compliance to PPE requirements
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Requires a minimum of 1 – 3 years related experience. Experience with Inventory Control is a plus.
- Previous Fork Lift certification is required.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills
- Consistently demonstrates positive and productive results
- Interacts equally well with all employees utilizing strong interpersonal skills
- Follows written and verbal instructions accurately and efficiently
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Personable, and perpetuates a can-do positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Computer skills are required with the ability to learn and retain new computer programs
- Experience with QAD, IMPACCT and/or JDE (Oracle) software is preferred.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and 5S theories and principles is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is preferred.
This position has not been approved for relocation benefits.
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $20B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.