When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a Mechanical R&D Intern.
- Evaluate Thermo Fisher's current component library to determine what parts need qualification testing.
- Write test plans and workorder reqs.
- Work with lab personnel to complete component testing.
- Write test reports to summarize test results.
- Prioritize list of hardware quality issues, investigate the issue, propose resolution, once approved, and implement change by updating any/all models, drawings, specifications.
- Update the existing SUBs, SUMs and SUFs and complete them including the release of all models, drawings, specifications
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, materials engineering or related
- Experience in design and analysis
- Ability to develop test protocols
- Ability to generate drawings and associated specifications and documents
- Proficient in MS office programs, SolidWorks CAD software or equivalent.
Primary deliverables: Upon completion, many outstanding quality issues relating to hardware and Bio Production Containers will be resolved and closed.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.