When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is located in Tewksbury, MA
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking for a self-motivated candidate with multi-disciplinary experiences and skills for portable analytical instruments development including XRF, Raman, LIBS, FTIR and NIR. You will work with and adapt the existing products to expand our market reach. Alternatively, you can explore new technologies to expand our instrument portfolio for various new applications.
What will you do?
- Experience in advanced spectroscopic techniques including signal and data processing and applied chemometrics.
- Apply analytical chemistry expertise to conduct detailed spectroscopy experiments and data analysis.
- Experience in systems design down to the component level for state-of-the-art portable analyzers.
- Experience in various optical spectroscopic techniques such as XRF, Raman and FTIR, LIBS, or any other new optical technology platforms.
- Experience in laser spectroscopy and laser engineering and their control systems.
- Detailed working knowledge on subsystem system level control involving SW and FPGA is highly desirable.
- Capable of adapting existing products to meet adjacent market needs including biomedical or biological applications.
- Capable of facilitating prototype-to-product transitions to expand our current handheld product portfolio.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a hands-on approach
- A firm understanding of other engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, optical) and a demonstrated ability to interface with those engineers.
How will you get here?
MS with 6+ years relevant experience or Ph.D in EE, ME, analytical and bio-chemistry.
Other desirable experiences include optical and mechanical engineering, electronics, embedded software and firmware technology as well as advanced data processing and chemo-metrics techniques.
This position does not have relocation assistance.
Field and Safety Instruments (FSI) is a new business within Thermo Fisher that was established in 2017 by the merger of two legacy businesses. FSI is the leader in handheld spectrometers for a wide range of applications across industrial, pharma, safety/security, nuclear power, and healthcare markets.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.