Scientist 1 (QC Raw Materials Testing)
Requisition ID: 64534BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
St. Louis, MO
How will you make an impact?
Provides routine analyses in a chemistry environment by following standard practices. Performs analytical methods as assigned for testing on raw materials. Makes detailed observations and reviews, documents, and communicates test results.
What will you do?
- Conducts routine chemical and physical testing of pharmaceutical raw materials by internally developed and/or compendial test methods for purity, impurities, and identity by traditional quantitative analysis, utilizing PH, FTTR, Osmoality, Raman, TOC, Conductivity, Specific Rotation, Karl Fisher, auto titrations, and/or traditional wet chemical testing.
- Recognizes and reports out-of-specification or unexpected results and non-routine analytical and product problems.
- Performs daily instrument calibrations/verifications as required.
- Clearly and accurately communicates the results of work by creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained results.
- Records and reports results of analysis in accordance with prescribed lab procedures and systems.
- Contributes to writing of SOPs if needed.
- Cleans and organizes work area, instrumentation, and testing materials.
- Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and Safety guidelines.
- Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in science required, preferably in Chemistry.
- Requires 1-2 years of experience working in a GMP laboratory environment performing compendial tests, and various wet chemistry techniques and instrumentation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good knowledge and understanding of basic instrumental technologies.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis.
- Awareness of quality and regulatory requirements in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Good problem solving skills and logical approach to solving scientific problems.
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to read and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as determination of test reliability, analysis of variance, and correlation techniques.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.