Employee Relations Advisor
Job ID :
US - California - Carlsbad
- Manage employment investigation for in-scope investigations for one or more Company business groups.
- Deliver consistent employee relations practices which are sustainable, executable and flexible.
- Support the management of the ethics hotline and use the data from the ethics hotline and employee complaints to identify trends and root causes, and to develop proactive risk mitigation solutions.
- Partner internally with HR leaders, the litigation and compliance teams, Internal Audit, and other internal stakeholders as appropriate to achieve the above responsibilities.
- Track record of influencing and providing consultative guidance to senior management around complex organizational issues
- Extensive experience conducting and managing corporate investigations of complex and confidential workplace complaints related to EEO-type allegations
- Be a team player with a flexible, adaptable and results-oriented approach.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting with little direction and also without direct supervision
- Experience developing and delivering training on a variety of employment issues
- Demonstrated and sophisticated ability to independently identify and analyze correct issues and problems and develop and influence appropriate business solutions and plans of action
- Ability to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action
- Strong project management, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong partnering, diplomacy, collaboration, communication, and influencing skills
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to multitask, deal with ambiguity, and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated orientation to flexibility and adaptability to changing business conditions and needs
- Ability to quickly conceptualize, think critically, and develop frameworks
- Fluid and persuasive technical writing skills (sample may be required)
- Expert level applied knowledge of employee relations issues (including performance management), risk management practices, investigative practices, and federal and state employment laws. Experience with unionized work environments is a plus
- Managing union organizing campaigns and conducting positive employee engagement assessments and plans is a plus
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Strong computer-based skills preferred