When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Grand Island, NY
Hours Monday-Friday 8:30 am -5:00 pm.
Division: Life Sciences Solutions Group
How will you make an impact?
The product information team is responsible for providing phone and E-channel (Email) pre- and post- sales product specification and documentation support of all Invitrogen and Applied Biosystems brand products to North America internal and external customers.
Essential Functions: Product support for ThermoFisher Scientific’s Life Science Solution Group
What will you do?
- Product information inquiries: Instrument, spare parts, consumable, and reagent pricing and information, quantity/packaging information, and other specifications.
- Fulfill customer document requests via phone and email for protocols, MSDS, CofAs etc..
- Assist customers in navigating the web and store sites.
- Provide basic antibody data to assist customers in product selection
- Instrument comparison/specification information.
- Directing customers to appropriate department based on customer specific requirements.
- Capture sales leads on incoming calls and emails.
- Recommend complimentary products ‘workflows’ to customers.
- Connect customers to the local sales representative.
- Assist customers to locate promotions.
- Assist Customer Care with incomplete orders or incorrect product information.
- Customer Notification of Custom Oligo/Taqman Assay order issues or delays.
- Serve as product and organizational resource to Customer Care.
- Attend regular Tech Support internal trainings on new products and updates.
How will you get here?
Requires a BS in a scientific field such as Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology.
- Prior experience in customer service is preferred.
- Laboratory experience and any customer facing role, like Customer Service or retail work is desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to customers and colleagues.
- Ability to quickly learn general product information and specifications for all Life Tech products.
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, Internet and word processing applications.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com