Content Engine R&D Content Engine Scientist, Vilnius, Lithuania
The Content Engine R&D team has an open position for an experienced scientist to take a leading role in the development of applications using our genetic analysis portfolio. The scientist will support the planning and execution of experiments focused on applications involving gene expression and sequencing tailored to our research customers. Ideally the scientist will participate in PCP programs and support the development efforts through concept, feasibility, development, and commercialization. The scientist will promote Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions to potential customers by authoring technical literature and presenting at scientific conferences and can actively communicate and collaborate with thought leaders to grow new solutions.
In addition, this position requires interacting with project teams remotely so applicants should have good written and oral communication skills and be comfortable working independently without direct, day-to-day supervision.
- MS or PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, oncology or related field.
- Intimate knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry, qPCR, capillary electrophoresis, microarray and/or next generation sequencing technologies.
- Experience with technical data analysis software and genome/transcriptome databases
- Has good writing and oral presentation skills
- Exercises independent judgment within defined procedures and is disciplined to be action-oriented and flexible.
- Can work under time pressure to deliver in short timelines to meet customer needs.
- Problem solves using knowledge of technical product details, design control and basic regulatory issues.
- Recommends and executes changes to processes, procedures or products internally to the department.