This critical role will oversee Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Australian and New Zealand Distribution and Logistics organization, driving performance to optimize our end-to-end customer experience and deliver on our commercial commitments. This position has overall responsibility for distribution and logistics with a strong focus on quality, cost control, and safety across all ANZ warehouse locations.
- Develop and drive a warehouse management, distribution and logistics strategy focused on operational excellence and customer engagement that aligns with the overall business strategy
- Manage and drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) that will enable organizational vitality
- Provide a comprehensive monthly report on customer feedback, activity, KPI's and improvement initiatives
- Understand and communicate key relevant market conditions, regulatory changes and operating metrics with senior leadership
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure maximum utilization and efficiency of available resources
- Develop and manage a high performing team and a culture of excellence
- Instill a sense of urgency and accountability
- Partner with stakeholders to enable effective forecasting & inventory planning with oversight of planning parameters that drive annual replenishments across Australian and New Zealand Distribution centers
- Drive a culture focused on continuous improvement using Daily Accountability, Tiered Daily Management, PPI Methodology and 5S
- Drive improved effectiveness of SIOP process through sharing of best practices and implementation of standards
- Partner with EHS to drive a safety culture across Australia and New Zealand
- Drive change management across the distribution and logistics organization
- Expected travel requirements: 15 - 20%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field is required. Master degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of distribution and logistics experience, including 5+ years in a leadership role in a high complexity distribution environment.
- Demonstrated track record in shifting business performance from a low to a high sustainable performance, in tough circumstances
- Strong PPI, Lean and or Six Sigma working experience with demonstrated achievement of continuous improvement through utilization of Lean tools
- Experience in leading teams of managers and individual contributors, with a track records of attracting and developing talent, developing bench strengths and managing a complex, diverse and dispersed workforce
- Experience managing Third Party Logistics
- Experience in working in a global and matrix organisation with a decentralised model
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.