Events Manager – EMEA (12 month FTC)
In this role, you will lead and manage the EMEA Events & Conference team. The core role of the team is to collaborate with internal clients by helping them deliver events and conference fully integrated in their marketing campaigns whilst maximising on events effectiveness and Return On Investment (ROI).
With this position comes a commitment to helping internal customers reach further with every event initiative and meet their campaign objectives.
- Lead, manage and develop the EMEA Events team to deliver the highest quality service for all clients and stakeholders.
- Align with Regional marketing managers, sales organisation and other stakeholders to understand business priorities to drive events strategy.
- Develop and manage the EMEA Events & Conference strategy, maximising on the events budget and resources by selecting and attending the industry events with the highest ROI as well as delivering on key “in house” events.
- Partner and collaborate with cross functional teams including marketing operations, analytics, digital team to deliver Events as part of a complete customer journey and deliver on Events targets and KPIs.
- Scope, devise and implement annual internal EMEA Commercial Meeting (~1400 attendees)
- Manage Events agency relationships, day-to-day production, as well as all events schedules.
- In close collaboration with global teams, be the EMEA brand steward, ensuring brand standards are met in all events.
- Manage and control the Events budget.
- Own and maintain events analytics, metrics, and events reporting for continuous improvement.
- Drive events excellence & innovation and continuously introduce new and/or better marketing/events channels.
Nature and Scope:
This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external stakeholders requiring the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
Effectiveness in this role requires an in-depth knowledge of all events and other communication channels, including print, direct and digital marketing processes. It also requires experience in working professionally with external events, advertising and design agencies and other vendors.
This position requires a high level of EMEA travel (~50%) as well as occasional worldwide travel in order to align adequately with the global teams and strategies.
Education & Experience:
This role is for an experienced team manager, who works independently with solid and proven experience in Events & Conferences. The Events & Conference manager needs to be a very creative person with ability to “think outside the box”. This role requires the ability to manage team skills, stakeholder’s expectations and tight timelines to generate highest quality output. This person should also be fluent in spoken and written English and should ideally have a scientific background or the ability to understand and communicate complex technical topics.