When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: Market Development Manager – Food & Beverage
Reports To: Sr. Director, Global Marketing & Strategy-Food & Beverage
The market development manager will have responsibility for developing and implementing the regional strategic direction for the food & beverage market aligned with divisional strategy and will act as the liaison to the commercial organization. They will collate market trends, competitor dynamics and voice of customer to drive strategy development. They will also develop strategic relationships with key opinion leaders, regulatory bodies and support commercial organization with domain expertise at key food & beverage accounts. Working with the food & beverage regional customer application center and product marketing teams they will scope out and define requirements for applications, workflows and new product requirements or improvements to drive growth in this market space. Working closely with a cross functional, cross divisional team, the market development manager will ensure the effective implementation of strategies and build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and customers in order to meet financial goals.
- Responsible for developing and driving regional strategy across the food & beverage market aligned to STRAP & AOP.
- Research the food & beverage market sectors and identify significant opportunities for the Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry business to meet financial goals.
- Work in conjunction with product marketing / management and food & beverage customer application centers to determine high value applications/workflows within target sectors that would best demonstrate product value and competitive advantage
- Actively participate with cross-functional, cross divisional teams to provide support and expertise on product roadmap that address customer needs, propose new products or improvements for development
- Identify Key Opinion Leaders across the region, establish strong relationships and seek to gain product endorsement support and develop thought leadership
- Build regulatory relationships and drive regulatory method inclusion for the Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry product portfolio and workflows
- Support the commercial organization with domain expertise at Identified key accounts
- Provide content and conduct commercial sales training (key selling points, competitive counters) on a regular cadence to improve sales team vertical knowledge and proper positioning of CMD solutions to drive revenue goals.
- Work in conjunction with product management, product marketing and scientific personnel to identify, and develop, the necessary literature and resources to support market development and brand equity
- Participate in industry conferences \\ exhibitions and Thermo Fisher Scientific organized events with scientific presentations
- Provide reports monthly to management in regards to market development activities and progress and performance against KPI and revenue targets.
- Analyze and report out market, competitive, application trends as well as new workflow opportunities across the Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry Division portfolio
- Manage and grow the Thermo Scientific brand equity; use VOC to validate change
- Bachelor’s degree in Science; MS, Ph.D. or MBA highly desirable.
- 10 years’ work experience in either the food & beverage Sector, marketing, or business development with solid analytical/scientific technology knowledge
- Ability to effectively lead a team both directly and through influence in a matrix organizational structure
- Proven experience and capabilities in global & vertical strategy development
- Passion and skill in developing brand equity and VOC to track change over time
- Must possess strong interpersonal, presentation, communication (verbal and written) and Influencing skills.
- Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to drive results
- Proven track record of managing multiple complex individual and team assignments autonomously and executing on time
- Results and proactive solution driven, the ability to think critically and strategically to overcome potential business hurdles
- Collaborative approach to developing and sharing strategy, tactics and analytics
- Highly self-motivated with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to travel 25 - 50% of the time
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.