When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Manager, Channel Development - Americas is responsible for the development of the Anatomical Pathology business through key channel partners in the Americas and acts as the communication interface between the key commercial functions of the channel partners and the various commercial and operational functions of the Anatomical Pathology business. Drives the marketing and commercial initiatives between the Anatomical Pathology business and the channel partners, ensuring alignment of these initiatives with the overarching objectives of the business. Responsible for working with the Marketing organization and Sales leadership to create, detail and execute new product launches through the channel partners. Furthermore, the Manager, Channel Development - Americas proactively identifies new business development opportunities to expand Anatomical Pathology business in existing channels or build business in new market segments or product categories.
What will you do?
- Lifecycle Management of core histology instruments and related consumables with major channel partners (i.e. launch, growth, maturity and elimination)
- Identification and realization of product growth opportunities within the channel partners to maximize AP share of wallet with the channel partners
- Definition and execution of channel strategy
- Responsible for the communication between AP and channel partners as “communication hub” within the organization
- Develops business growth plans and initiatives through the channel partners, ensuring alignment across the various AP business functions; executes plans and initiatives by working closely with the Channel Partner commercial team and establishing monitoring systems to track success
- Development of business cases for new business development, obtains alignment between the Finance, Marketing and Sales leadership and executes plans to realize growth opportunities
- Analysis and evaluation of competitive position of product line within the channel partners
- Identification, assessment and development of new channel partners
- Leadership of growth initiatives and teams for business growth and expansion through channel partners
- Works closely with the commercial marketing teams and Sales leadership to develop accurate market data and competitive positions
- Works closely with key commercial leaders of channel partners to ensure focus, execution and performance of AP business through channel partners
- Represents AP at key channel partner meetings
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proven experience in marketing or sales within the healthcare, diagnostics or medical capital products industry.
- 5+ years commercial Channel Management (Marketing or Sales) experience in the pathology segment is desirable.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are required and must be a motivated, enthusiastic self-starter able to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of customers’ business that results in win-win solutions. Demonstrates personal and professional leadership.
- Analytical, organized with ability to synthesize issues to their salient points and business acumen to articulate and achieve a clear vision and goals
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and ability to deal with multiple conflicting requests and able to set clear priorities
- A creative, resourceful and tenacious problem-solver and solution finder
- Enjoys dealing with people and is able to communicate effectively and concisely at all levels and across geographic and functional boundaries
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Self-managing and self- motivating, consistently exceeds expectations
- Capable of working across geographical regions taking consideration of differences in local business practices and culture
- A clear enthusiasm for the role and strong desire to continuously develop and improve own and business performance
- Strong influencing skills - ability to influence a range of stakeholders in diverse functions and organizational levels.
- High energy level with ability to embrace and excel at Thermo Fisher Scientific Values
- Must possess excellent verbal and written English communications and presentation skills.
- Must be willing to travel 50% of time.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com