When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Commercial Manager, Water & Lab Products is part of the Laboratory Products Division (LPD) which unites deep scientific expertise, a collaborative culture and rich resources to deliver the lab equipment and consumables that our customers need to achieve their scientific goals – quickly, reliably and safely. Our smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our customers to focus on what matters most – delivering answers and innovations that save and improve lives.
How will you make an impact?
This Commercial Manager (CM) role will be supporting the responsible for development and implementation of tactics to achieve regional sales and market share goals for the product category. The CM drives revenue growth through partnership with product management, the regional sales team, and Channel category management. Also develops detailed understanding of the regional market needs, develops appropriate commercial execution plan, and leads plan execution. Ability to monitor, analyze and respond to changes in business performance are essential.
What will you do?
- Achieve regional Business Unit revenue, profitability and market share goal
- Drive portfolio positioning in marketplace and support application marketing strategy development within geography
- Develop regional commercial product plan, in coordination with Product Management and Sales Management team, to reach growth targets
- Drive plan initiatives with sales team and channel partners to ensure good execution
- Implement regional promotional tactics to drive revenue
- Manage channel pricing, promotional tactics, and distribution channels selection for optimum results
- Represent the regional market/customer needs to product management in the development of new products and solutions
- Define capability requirements of sales team; work with regional sales leaders to deliver proper training on applications, products and competitive landscape
- Support Marketing to implement promotional tactics and establishes metrics to assess performance of each promotional program
- Coordinate back office processes including SIOP process for optimum product availability and inventory cost
- Define regional trade show plan including national, local channel partner shows
How will you get here?
- BS in life science or BS in business with life science background
- Minimum 2 years experience in direct sales and marketing; preferably in a life science organization
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis
- Must excel in matrix organization
- Direct lab work experience ideal
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of product marketing, selling strategies and competitive analysis
- Strong English oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong training and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative, and good business judgment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must reside near major airport
- Ability to travel from 40-60%. Travel is typically to customer sites, trade shows, channel partners headquarters, end user laboratories and sales meetings. Primary travel in USA; some travel in Latin America
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.