Provide global financial and data analytics support for the Thermo Fisher Scientific Global Business Services departments with emphasis on Productivity, Procurement and Operations.
- Lead a financial analyst and work cross-functionally with all GBS Departments: Sourcing (Direct & Indirect), Operations, Real Estate, PPI, HR Shared Services, Strategic Pricing, Aviation, and Strategic Operations to plan, forecast and report costs.
- Drive and manage data analytics in procurement and PPI leveraging business intelligence to inform results through effective reporting and analysis.
- Provide decision support through effective modeling utilizing actual and opportunity cost scenario analysis based on data trends mined from source systems. Effectively communicate output to recommend and drive actionable results.
- Work closely with GBS procurement and PPI Leadership teams to assure targets are being obtained and project pipelines are filled.
- Work closely with the business Operations Finance teams to assure MBR data is accurately captured /communicated assuring the teams understand quarterly & annual progress / gaps.
- Assist GBS finance team in developing productivity and leakage guidance to the Operations Leadership Council (OLC) including respective analysis.
- Take high level direction and work independently to drive execution of department goals and provide general finance support to the GBS team as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the areas of financial reporting, data analytics, and accounting knowledge
- Previous use of Business Intelligence tools to drive effective decision analytics
- Makes logical assumptions, identify trends & develops well defined analysis and presentations
- Exhibits the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, & Involvement
- Proven leadership qualities and the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, and prioritizes projects and time effectively
- Champions productivity improvements through Practical Process Improvement (PPI) and has a commitment to continuous learning
- Excellent skills with Business Intelligence tools, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint are required; additional skills with Data Warehouse, Oracle, MS Access, and HFM are a plus
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills
- 5+ years of Financial Management and or data analytics experience
- Advanced Qualification Preferred is a plus (MBA, or MS)
- Prior experience using Business Intelligence / analytics to drive decisions