Provides leadership and support to processing staff while ensuring the manufacturing of high quality products. Continuously monitors the area to ensure Good Manufacturing Practices and Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) standards are met and adhered to.
- Provides leadership and training to technologists.
- Troubleshoots equipment and processes in processing suites.
- Performs greenlines.
- Coordinates documentation and batch step up verification.
- Performs calculations for potencies.
- Orders parts and supplies.
- Ensures processing instrumentation, calibrations and other required routine monitoring activities are performed and recorded properly.
- Prioritizes the activities of the technologists based on the schedule.
- Ensures scheduled and unscheduled maintenance is performed on equipment in coordination with Maintenance Department.
- Runs Processing lines to help in schedule execution.
- Performs processing technologist duties as required.
- Provides assistance to Processing Manager and Supervisor as required.
- Assists in reviewing, revising and developing departmental SOPs.
- Selects, develops and evaluates staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Works with and advises staff on administrative policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma.
- 5 years previous processing experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment in either powder blending/granulation, tablet compression and/or coating.
- Mechanical interest/aptitude.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to run and process batches in high potency manufacturing suites.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in coaching, leading, and/or supervising a group or project.
- Strong organizational and communications skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Excellent understanding of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Excellent understanding of safety standards.
- In this role it is essential to perform shift work.
- Proficiency with the English language. Strong computer skills.
- Strong leadership skills.