When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Technical Support Specialist III will provide technical support for Chromatography (CDS) and Mass Spectrometry (MS) Software products to customers within Thermo Fisher and externally. This will include: Incident ownership from receipt to resolution and closure, adherence to escalation procedures, customer service level agreements, implementation and support of customized customer specific solutions.
- Managing customer incidents in a professional and efficient manner
- Build working relationships with other departments of Thermo Fisher Scientific, particularly within the software development and product teams
- Proactively learn new technologies as well as the supported products
- Be prepared to visit customers for on-site relationship building or troubleshooting
- Be the intermediary between customer and Thermo Fisher to ensure mutually beneficial resolutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience as CDS Administrator or Super User
- Working knowledge of CDS and MS software
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, Win 7, Win 10
- Knowledge of chromatography or mass spectrometry instrumentation and its usage in an industrial laboratory setting is advantageous
- Comfortable with and effective at expressing and exchanging ideas, concepts and designs in a group setting
- Customer focused and committed to customer allegiance
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- BSc or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Life Sciences or related field
- At least three years software technical support experience
- Comfortable with working in a dynamic, flexible environment.
- Excellent & attentive listener
- Tenacious problem solver
- Enthusiastic, positive, action oriented attitude
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels, from technical experts to novice users
- Organized with the ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally up to 20% of the time
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.