The Manager of Commercial and Strategic Finance is responsible for supporting organic growth, profitability and accountability across the Digital Science business unit (DSBU). This role has primary responsibility for the support of ongoing synergy operations through process development and execution and forecasting and planning of bookings and revenue across DSBU.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Any or all of the following will be included in the scope of this position depending on the individual selected and the balance of work needed.
- Serve as primary finance partner for DSBU Senior Director Global Sales.
- Partner with the Sales Ops in developing and maintaining quarterly bookings forecast and budget performance versus AOP.
- Drive meaningful analytics and reporting on revenue by working closely with Sales Operations and Commercial leadership.
- Provide insights on drivers of growth and risk/opportunities based on trends, backlog, and pipeline.
- Partner with the Director of Marketing, and Sales Ops to track synergy opportunities across the organization from conception to completion.
- Perform monthly analysis and forecasting for all expense categories for DSBU Selling, including monthly reviews and weekly updates as needed.
- Articulate the margin-mix impact and price performance for all DSBU product lines.
- Process owner of intercompany opportunities and related financial reporting.
- Be recognized as key decision-making business partner for the commercial team, evaluating and formulating:
- Business synergy opportunities
- Pricing strategies and product positioning
- Assist in the global strategic plan process and aid in the development of the AOP.
- Other projects as defined.
- The successful candidate is personable, highly ethical, and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- He/she has excellent proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via candid dialogue
- Track record of developing high levels of credibility and forging solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers and upper management and can operate effectively in a matrix reporting structure.
- Experience in commercial elements of a product based business with demonstrated experience partnering with business leaders.
- Strong understanding of the interdependencies of the customer fulfillment, inventory, and manufacturing volumes.
- Possess strong leadership and team building skills.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a high bias for action and accountability.
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel. Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial and operations professionals.
- Ability to balance priorities and thrive in a complex global business environment.
- Drives a culture of accountability.
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting is required; an MBA or CPA is preferred
- An ideal candidate will possess excellent academic credentials and a strong aptitude for financial analysis
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry is desired
- Experience in a global manufacturing organization is desired
- Strong knowledge of Excel (i.e., financial models and analysis), Cognos reporting tool (or equivalent), PowerPoint, and Hyperion is preferred
- The successful candidate should expect travel of 5% - 10%