When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The product manager will manage the entire product and portfolio life cycle to drive adoption and exceed revenue goals for genotyping product line. The product manager acts as the internal expert for the product line, analyzes market trends and opportunities, and has a strong grasp on customer needs.
This role will interface with internal stakeholders including product development, R&D, support and product management to lead new product introductions, product line extensions and sustaining activities for genotyping microarrays, reagents and software.
- Analyzes competitive activities to define positioning and key differentiators.
- Provides in-field support and training to sales and support staff, including giving customer presentations and opportunity management to identify and progress new opportunities.
- Interacts with customers and internal stakeholders to understand product opportunities and translate market needs to new product requirements.
- Develops relationships with industry leaders.
- Works collaboratively with the regional and marketing communications team to plan lead generation campaigns and marketing materials.
- Partners with commercial operations team to ensure successful commercialization of new products.
- Participates in process and operation improvement opportunities.
- Complies with company quality management systems, policies and procedures.
- Experience in defining product requirements and working with cross functional teams to ensure development of products based on business requirements.
- Track record in interacting with customers and various internal organizations.
- Uses judgment to determine appropriate action in compliance with established practices to resolve issues of moderate scope.
- Contributes to achievement of organization's objectives.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Travel expected up to 30%