As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 67,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are looking for you as the
Senior Events Specialist, Europe
The position supports the Materials and Structural Analysis Division, which delivers a full spectrum of analytical tools that enable our customers to accelerate innovation and enhance productivity. Our analytical methods like electron microscopy, molecular and elemental spectroscopy and 2D/3D imaging software drive deeper materials insights.
You will be accountable for overseeing the implementation of assigned customer-facing events in Europe, ensuring lead generation and brand building execution for the Materials and Structural Analysis Division in the assigned region. As a Senior Events Specialist, Europe -, you will oversee and provide guidance/recommendations during the planning processes; manage/oversee program/event budgets and all facets of the tactics/customer-facing events (tradeshows & seminars) including outbound communication campaigns to build traffic, displays, scientific programs, internal personnel scheduling, lead generation management and local logistics. You will harmonize program messaging in alignment with our business strategy and provide on-site event support when necessary. You will also be responsible for overseeing management of booth property. You assure that event targets are met and evaluate each program. It will also be essential to closely work with the divisional events team to develop, roll-out and establish aligned Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s) across the division.
- Work with MSD commercial and product marketing / marcom to develop and oversee delivery of effective customer facing events (tradeshows, seminar series, road shows, customer receptions) to support regional sales plan.
- Understand exhibit house processes to ensure timely booth arrangements: Oversee the coordination of the production, maintenance and loan schedule of booth materials (booth graphics/portables, pop-ups, furniture, services, etc.), management of the event dummy kit schedule, shipping, storage and maintenance program.
- Oversee the proactive coordination of delivery of programs with commercial channels to ensure effective implementation of defined plans.
- Ensure messages and marketing campaigns provided by product lines are effective.
- Work collaboratively with MSD regional Marcom Manager and Sales & Marketing stakeholders to define goals and logistical details; provide comprehensive support and communication regarding program logistics as it pertains to stakeholders.
- Ensure campaigns include multiple tactics to leverage our investment; this could include production of promotional conference materials, pre-event direct marketing programs to drive traffic and registrations; supplemental workshops and/or technical presentations, web postings on thermoscientific.com and appropriate local language site(s), PR, and supporting sales tools such as fliers or reference sheets.
- Oversee management of budget expenses and communication of budget status on a regular basis. Ensures timely and accurate management of invoices, including approval for payment, reconciliation against planned and actual performance, and estimated accrual totals at end of quarter. Ensure budget and cost per program are tracked in CRM system.
- Oversee the execution and conduct of post event analysis
Ensures cost-effective event implementation, high quality, post-event assessment.
- Ensure leads are processed efficiently and delivered to assigned MSD business unit sales force in line with business unit CRM tool.
- Drive and develop the Annual Events Plan with the Marcom partners
- Member of the company-wide Tradeshow Leadership Team, representing needs of MSD and contributing to this leadership team’s goals. Contribute to divisional MSD Event KPI reporting and evaluating
- Align with to divisional events team to develop, and roll-out Standard Operation Procedures
- Coordinate as required with other Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions to improve benefit to company brands and products.
Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
Certified Trade Show Management (CTSM) certification preferred
- 7+ years of Marketing Communications and/or event management experience in a business-to-business environment, preferably for a U.S. based company.
- Industrial Market experience preferred.
- Demonstrated superior written and oral communication skills, as well as superior interpersonal/relationship skills – intercultural skills and experience a plus along with strong customer orientation.
- Experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices
- Strong project management, attention to detail, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrixed environment to reach agreement and gain support for strategies/tactics; strong customer orientation
- Adept at defining processes to improve efficiency and still accommodate different business needs
- High level of intensity and comfort level with change
- Excellent English language speaking and writing skills. German language speaking and writing ability is preferred.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of salesforce.com is a plus ability to travel approximately 20%
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.