When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Doe & Ingalls, a Thermo Fisher Scientific brand, is an extension of our customers’ supply chain management team. We understand the minor and major implications that affect the production chemical space. Without compromising quality, we help customers’ mitigate risk, increase productivity, and reduce costs.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing effective customer service for the three most important assets of Doe & Ingalls—customers, vendors and co-workers—by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of Company products and programs.
- Ensure that customer purchase orders and returns are processed in a timely and accurate manner and that they meet all customer requirements
- Process customer invoices and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Track backorders and inform customers of changes
- Participate in special projects to enhance productivity
- Execute the daily procedures
- Ability to understand and answer system-related questions and resolve errant transactions
- Have two or more years of customer service related experience (preferred)
- Be able to effectively engage with other departments within the Company such as Procurement, Sales, and Accounting
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage diverse projects
- Detail oriented and successful at multitasking
- Have a “Customer Service” approach to relationships with internal and external associates
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and spreadsheet analysis in Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide variety of audiences
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.