When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Includes but not limited to the following:
- Stock molding rooms with necessary supplies during shift and at the end of shift before shift change.
- Immediately notifies maintenance/processing of any quality or downtime issues.
- Pulls full boxes/crates from under machines.
- Inspects parts for any defects or quality issues before closing box/crate.
- Close all boxes/crates, weigh if necessary, apply label and stage.
- Bring in any colorant or resin, as directed by production supervisor.
- Moves all finished products to holding areas.
- Sort quarantine created by your assigned machines, when time permits.
- Removes and weighs all scrap by product and submits to supervisor on scrap log sheet.
- Keep assigned machines clean including the floor under and around machines, Wipe up oil leaks.
- Takes all trash to dumpster.
- Cover for other Mold Operator during breaks.
- Pulls samples and submits to lab as required.
- Train new hires per quality system procedures and training aids and completes training documentation.
- Completes training effectiveness checks and related documentation with new hires.
- Advises shift supervisor of status of new hires and raises concerns to assure adequate training is provided.
- Performs other duties as requested by Production Supervisor or Molding Department Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Required
- Work well within a Team environment and ability to work independently, self-motivated
- Follows company policies including safety and environmental policies
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts.
- Minimum of 1 year Thermo Fisher molding experience as Molding Operator I.
- What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.