Engineering intern positions offer hands-on experience in a variety of areas including design, prototyping, analysis, test, integration, and systems engineering. The Engineering Intern will work as a member of a cross-functional team to support innovative new product development and sustaining engineering projects.
- Use 3D CAD (SOLIDWORKS) to review and perform mechanical or electro-mechanical design, modeling, and detailing of parts, assemblies, and drawings
- Participate in engineering design reviews and document the design solution
- Generate models/drawings for engineering changes and Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Follow engineering change request (ECR) process when necessary
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data providing all documentation for manufacturing of design
- Provide support in manufacturing to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems
- Maintain tooling and equipment required to keep manufacturing lines operational. Includes PM.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Develop, coordinate and implement technical training for Assembly Technicians
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or equivalent (must be currently enrolled)
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software. SOLIDWORKS is a plus
- Knowledge of drafting standards and GD&T
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate technical content to peers and management, support conclusions and recommendations with calculations, test data, industry literature, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to quickly analyze, troubleshoot, and determine root cause of issues
- Some experience using Solidworks 3D CAD software
- Knowledge of applied materials science
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods of thermoplastic (machined and injection molded), cast metal, and machined parts