About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Their mission is to enable their customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
They help their customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. With four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offering an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
The Manager, IT EMEA Western Region Site Support will manage IT resources within the Western Europe Region, coordinate IT staff activities, and develop IT staff coordinating with HR. The supervisor/manager will provide consistent levels of service through monitoring of the employee experience, SLAs and effective IT support for site business activities.
· Provides IT Analyst resources within a dedicated area of EMEA Western Region.
· Updates IT management on progress across area/region.
· Employee satisfaction and issue resolution
· Works with Local Site Managers, IT Management and HR to manage area staff including Performance Management (PMD).
· Maintains and upholds Service Level Agreements for each site.
· Generates reports on a monthly basis to track work order request types, user training areas, staff work load, and other reports as requested.
· Monitors open work orders for meeting SLA, due dates, and other priorities for the goal of meeting customer needs.
· Uses quality improvement tools to work with support staff to solve common user requests/issues.
· Recommends any infrastructure changes to improve performance, cost, or functionality.
· Maintains and validates appropriate Compliance Documentation and Procedures, e.g. SOX, PCI, IT Directives & Policies, etc.
· Communicates corporate policy changes effectively with HR coordination.
· Escalates problems as necessary.
· Coordinates with Site Managers, IT Management and GIS for rollout and support of IT projects.
· Works with local business leaders for coordinating business IT support activities.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: (Bullets)
· Must be qualified to University degree level in a relevant subject or have an equivalent level of experience.
· Proven success in implementing IT initiatives.
· Significant experience providing IT infrastructure support.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of multiple infrastructure technologies, particularly technologies supporting end user computing.
· Infrastructure management and ITIL - best practices related to service management and operational excellence in on-going systems support and maintenance.
· Data Center management experience will be helpful
· Experience of staff development and leadership
· Strong attention to detail
· Experienced in application of technical knowledge
· Proactive in change management and people management
· Ability to manage remote teams
· Strong skills in the delivery and deployment of IT services to diverse and dispersed user groups located at multiple sites
· Knowledge of regulations, policies, service delivery models, and technical staff leadership techniques
· Ability to communicate and manage in a matrix organization with multiple business partners and IT colleagues frequently on a remote basis.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: (Bullet 3-5 key quantifiable skills or position requirements that the candidate must have to be considered for this position.)
· Strong verbal and written command of English is mandatory.
· Proven experience leading and managing a (technical) team.
· 5 years of experience preferably in mid to large sized companies
· Travel within the region and some other European travel is required; anticipated travel is 20%.
· Driving License (class B)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.