For our formulation team we are looking for a creative and hands-on candidate with a strong affinity for the technical aspects related to product development. The ideal candidate willbe able to connect formulation to process related aspects and to contribute for the development of softgel-based formulations. Experience with process development and product manufacturing is an advantage. The candidate is expected to be a key contributor with the project team(s) and be able to manage their own time to meet agreed targets and develop plans for own projects.
- Perform customer driven development projects on the formulation of high value added softgel pharmaceutical and healthcare products using Patheon technologies.
- Perform development projects on the formulation of liquid fill and shell formulations.
- Conduct pre-formulation studies, guide internal trial batches and projects to develop and optimize formulations.
- Cooperate with Process Technology team in finding innovative solutions for specific challenges.
- Contribute to the generation of ideas and potential inventions to be used in new products and processes.
- Support the transfer of existing and new products and technologies from other sites and into the Commercial Manufacturing Organization.
- Maintain expert knowledge of pharmaceutical development, processes, regulations, equipment, instrumentation, and procedures necessary to perform the tasks.
- Cooperate with Project Management, Analytical Development, Process Technology, Quality department and other functional areas to meet project and team objectives.
- Incorporate Risk Assessment principles into formulation development approaches.
- Participate in Project teams.
- MSc or BsC degree with 3+ years of working experience in product and/or process development area in pharma, Healthcare or other relevant industry.
- Degree in chemical engineering, material engineering, process engineering, industrial pharmacy, or related field.
- Good knowledge on cGMP and/or FDA guidelines.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills and proficiency in the Dutch and English language.
- Ability to handle several projects in parallel and multi-task.
- Good project management, and interpersonal skills, and ability to work in multidisciplinary environments.