Materials Management Associate 2
Requisition ID: 65725BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
St. Louis, MO
How will you make an impact?
Under moderate supervision, perform day to day operations within the Material Management group to include, receiving, handling and processing raw materials to ensure Production requirements are met. Ensure adequate supplies of material are on hand. Clean equipment and materials to the proper standards for the production environment. Maintain accurate inventory counts. Utilize SAP to request material and determine expired materials. Assist with shipments.
What will you do?
- Ensure materials, supplies and miscellaneous receipts are received, processed, documented and maintained in accordance with SOPs, including the handling of temperature sensitive and hazardous materials.
- Clean in materials and equipment to support continuous flow in the Production Process
- Stock gowning and empty trash from suites, general housekeeping, on a daily basis.
- Maintain areas to required GMP clean standards.
- Maintain cGMP compliance to include labeling, FEFO, documentation, cleaning, etc.
- Become and maintain cross-trained alternately between Staging and Warehouse disciplines.
- Prepare hazardous waste and materials for disposal in coordination with EH&S.
- Clean empty containers for recycling.
- Support packing of product and non-routine shipments.
- Utilize SAP to reques material from inventory.
- Review Kanban cards and inventory levels.
- Perform cycle and inventory counts as directed.
- Run basic expiry reports within SAP Keep current on all required training.
How will you get here?
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Class E Chauffeurs License preferred
- 2 years of experience in a warehouse environment
- ERP experience, preferably SAP, highly desired
- GMP experience preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Basic inventory counting, understanding of FEFO and stock rotation, able to request materials in the correct amounts in a timely manner. Understanding of applicable SOP’s. Basic knowledge of inventory systems.
- Strong customer service and communication skills, attention to detail.
- Able to receive materials, label and put away with minimal error.
- Order and clean in materials and equipment properly. Able to follow detailed instructions.
- Intermediate skill level in MS Office Suite
- Position requires mobility between buildings, including exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Equipment/machinery/tools used may include forklifts, pallet jack, drum dolly, barrel hoist, strapping machine and company vehicles
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.