When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing sales/account management activities for all assigned locations, defining and driving sales strategies, providing leadership to subordinates and ensuring the achievement of bookings, revenue and business goals.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Own all sales/ account management responsibilities of specified Thermo Fisher products to all sites including resolving any issues.
- Define, align and implement Account Strategy for the Cell and Structural Biology markets.
- Maintain accurate quarterly booking forecasts.
- Understand all budget issues at each customer and take strategic action.
- Confirm all system configurations, specifications and acceptance conditions are appropriate for closing orders.
- Manage all User Group activity by product as required.
- Manage system demonstrations by working closely with application engineers and product marketing managers.
- Manage the sales booking process.
- Manage product issues in the field by working closely with the Account service group and application engineers for solutions.
- Work with Thermo Fisher Service to achieve excellent customer satisfaction
This position is ideal for an experienced professional wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a university degree, preferably in Cell or Structural Biology.
- Typically requires 5 years of sales management experience in a related product area.
- Highly developed negotiation skills for customer interaction and closure of sales and other issues.
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills to a diverse audience is critical to the success of this position.
- Systematic problem solving by working with customers and account team.
- Presentation skills and creating materials for presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work in good cooperation within an account team.
- Ability to travel to customer sites and factory locally and internationally.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.