Do you thrive in a fast paced, process driven manufacturing environment? Are you passionate about making a difference? Do you work well with and encourage others to take pride in and to do the best job they can? Do you enjoy problem solving and knowing that you have made a difference?
As part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will be doing important work. The company mission is to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. The Ottawa site of the Microbiology Division manufactures and distributes products that help customers identify and treat infectious diseases, protect the environment and ensure our food and pharmaceuticals are safe for our families and friends to consume. Your work will have real-world impact with our customers and our employees. By focusing on producing quality products and through mentoring and developing your colleagues the successful candidate will be supported in achieving your career goals.
This is a full-time position with a monthly rotation between day shift and night shift. Day shift hours 6:00am to 230pm and night shift hours from 2:00pm to 10:30pm Monday to Friday to provide leadership to both day and evening staff. Thermo Fisher Scientific provides a progressive environment with continuous learning and growth opportunity, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are empowering this person to improve our business by displaying the following competencies;
- Work directly with Sr. Manager, Manufacturing Operations to ensure Manufacturing meets customer expectations and business needs.
- Lead/Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving activities.
- Lead/Assist in corrective action/preventative action (CAPA), non-conformance (NCR), and other investigations.
- Manage daily production schedules; provide feedback and updates on daily schedule.
- Follow up with Lead and Production Technicians when necessary.
- Maintain and improve operational safety, efficiencies, product quality and regulatory compliance.
- Provide employees with the tools necessary to work safely and efficiently.
- Perform other technical duties as required.
- Engage and encourage working relationships with peers in all departments.
- Work with teams to identify resource requirements and improvement opportunities.
- Participate in hiring/recruiting process.
- Lead/Participate in continuous improvement (CI) events and problem solving activities.
- Monitor, track and provide feedback on employee performance through the Performance Management and Development (PMD) process.
- Provide coaching and corrective actions when needed.
- Conduct employee coaching as needed to maintain performance management and development.
- Continuously monitor work area to maintain safe conditions and take immediate action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Lead/Participate in projects as required.
Job Related Responsibilities:
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to and that personnel are compliant.
- Lead and provide training and development opportunities for assigned employees to enhance skills, and improve overall department performance.
- Prepare, review, update, and/or approve standard operating procedures.
- Lead root cause corrective measure investigations and improvement opportunities.
- Initiate, track, monitor and analyze production performance indicators for the purpose of controlling and reducing waste/scrap and improving efficiencies.
- Monitor efficiency of production systems and work with Team Members to recommend equipment, adjustments, repairs and modifications to enhance the system.
- Continuously monitor the physical condition of the workplace regarding safety and ergonomic correctness. Execute corrective action and make recommendations when warranted.
- Lead and organize production flow to ensure production schedules are met.
- Recommend and ensure appropriate departmental housekeeping activities are maintained.
- Promote continuous improvement on site, utilizing LEAN, Six Sigma, and Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
- 1 to 3 years of manufacturing experience at the Supervisor or Lead level, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- College or Science Degree in a related field preferred.
- Ability to work shift operations.
- Demonstrated experience with LEAN Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and/or PPI is an asset.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Leadership capabilities.
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 is preferred.
- Working in a manufacturing and office environment. Manufacturing environment includes sterilizing vessels, product filling and packaging lines, and warehouse where appropriate personal protective equipment and assigned gowning practices are required.