When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Field Service Representative is responsible for calibrating, performing preventative maintenance and repair, service, and installing a variety of laboratory instruments at the customer's site. The representative also provides support to Sales to solve service-related problems.
What will you do?
The successful candidate will be required to schedule their own activities to coordinate service calls with the customers and meet monthly scheduled service requirements. He/she must be able to control costs through effective, first-time repairs and proper scheduling. Traveling out of town will be required.
How will you get there?
Education and Experience
- You are a graduate from a recognized technical institution in the discipline of Electronics or equivalent education.
- You possess a minimum of 2 years experience as a Fisher Field Service Technician, or two years as a Field Technician in another organization.
- Your experience includes performing preventative maintenance, calibrations and service calls at customer sites.
- You demonstrate flexibility, initiative and excellent customer service skills.
- You enjoy working with customers and have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- A valid driver's license is required for the position and occasional training outside Canada will require that you possess a valid Canadian or a valid passport and visa.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.