When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Then Engineer/Scientist will use Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to will perform routine testing of raw materials. Have responsible for multiple aspects of laboratory operations, such as sample receipt, data generation, material testing, data analysis and summarization, out-of-specification investigations, instrument qualifications, and all other QC lab supporting activities.
What will you do?
- Perform routine testing and analysis of raw materials according to established quality control procedures using different instrument platforms.
- Document test results, complete batch records, document problems and other relevant information under cGMPs.
- Maintain and analyze lot histories for trends and discrepancies.
- Perform initial review on departmental paperwork; completed batch records.
- Perform initial troubleshooting of issues which arise during routine analysis, perform out of specification (OOS investigations) and if needed, initiate non-conformance (NCAR) reports.
- Initiate OOS, NCARs and Variances, as required.
- Perform initial troubleshooting of issues which arise during routine analysis under the direction of the Supervisor and Technical Operations.
- Document test results, problems and other relevant information under cGMPs.
- Perform simple procedure and worksheet revisions, as necessary.
- Participate in departmental meetings.
- Maintain laboratory space and participate in lab clean ups.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department, as assigned by Supervisor.
- Keep department lead or supervisors updated on all issues.
How will you get here?
- Minimum BS/BA in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Bioscience with 0-2 yrs Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience, preferably in the medical diagnostics industry.
- Strong laboratory skills including pipetting, safety, and hazardous chemical handling. Understanding of cGMP and how it applies to the work environment is preferred.
- High level of reading comprehension and verbal communication skills. Ability to follow written and verbal directions with a high level of accuracy. Must be able to write clear, understandable documentation.
- Manual dexterity must be able to lift/move up to 20 pounds.
- Must be detail oriented and perform the work at a consistent level.
- Intermediate word processing and spreadsheet software skills.
- Strong organizational skills to be able to manage priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to perform simple data analysis and to summarize results. Basic math skills including calculation of concentrations and dilutions and a strong grasp of algebraic concepts.
- Working knowledge of clinical analyzers is a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.