Job Title: IT Site Support Executive
Information Technology supports countries across Malaysia, South East Asia and Taiwan. The IT Site Support is responsible for ensure the efficient and effective deliver of IT Site Support requirements. IT Site Support specialists to manage delivery of site support solutions in response to internal customer requests. This role is based at Shah Alam, Malaysia.
- Deliver IT services to internal customers in Malaysia, South East Asia and Taiwan.
- To protect the company’s data, tools and information systems.
- Understand and enforces company’s infrastructure architecture standards and policies to maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility.
- Work with the local and global team to delivery projects and services to user groups.
- Monitor data center, applications, equipment for uninterrupted IT services.
- Collaborate with Global Infrastructure, application and security to implement company standards as needed.
- Collaborate with business partners deliver usable IT solutions.
- Maintain system documentation and change control logs.
- Occasional travel to the other branches as required.
- Escalating more complex IT requests/issues to relevant technical staff.
- Ensuring new hire are provided with the required hardware on time before the new hire on board.
- Diagnosing PC / Hardware faults and supply solutions as required.
- Assisting in the updates of software patching as required e.g. Anti-virus and Windows Updates or other
- Work with vendors and deliver scope of work or agreement.
- Keeping system documentation up to date including hardware/equipment assignment listing and mobile listing.
- Assisting technical staff in the event of Major incident or critical system failures.
- Assisting employees with software and hardware issues e.g. Microsoft Office, printers, mobile and other business applications.
- Contribute to and follow global IT standards, IT security and procedures.
- Work with regional and local IT Teams on global and local IT projects.
- Maintain business partnership with business units.
- Deliver consistent treatment to employees and be compliance.
- Assist to provide the Annual Operating Plan for the next year IT Expenses. (Who will get replacement laptop that due after 4 years & 5 years for Desktop)
- Familiar with Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating System for troubleshooting.
- Have knowledge on Office Application is essential and Office 365 is a plus.
- Knowledge in IT ticketing System like Remedy and ServiceNow is good to have as we will be working according to ticket SLA.
- Some knowledge in SAP B1, E1 or SAP is a bonus as Site Support will be 1st level support before escalate to Application Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree / Advance Diploma in IT or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of IT professionals experience in a fast-paced, large company environment.
- Relevant technical certificates a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, good working attitude and spirit to help users.
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Good analytical skills and understanding of project management lifecycle.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to quickly learn the culture of an organization.
- Ability to understand the business objectives and IT strategy.
- Broad knowledge of hardware, software, desktop support and IT security is required.
- Experience in helpdesk support or desktop support.
- 10% travel required.
Skills & Attributes
- High level of problem solving ability and excellent attention to detail.
- A strong customer focus with a commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to liaise with staff at different levels of the business and manage small projects.
- Willingness to work outside of business hours where necessary.
- Ability to solve issue according to business priorities or urgency.
- Able to work independently while thriving in a team.
- Some Knowledge on network and Servers is required. (We have internal Network & Server Team).
- Mount Cisco Router/Switch/ Dell Server.
- Basic OS installation and RAID setup.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in IT Site Support/Service Desk Level 2/ Desktop Support.