The Research and Safety Market Division (RSD) is a division of Thermo Fisher Scientific, branded as Fisher Scientific, which markets and sells a vast portfolio of laboratory products and services. RSD’s portfolio represents the product lines of thousands of supplier/manufacturers in the laboratory space, both internal and external to Thermo Fisher and includes Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Academic, Industrial and Government institutions that maintain scientific laboratories and engage in scientific research activities.
The company is currently looking for a Business Development Specialist for the Toronto area. This position will be responsible for leading new business development activities within an assigned key accounts. This position will be an integral part of the North American Sales Team’s growth plans in Canada.
- Will work closely with our corporate Industry Directors to advance business development and initiatives, establishing and maintaining a robust pipeline of qualified new business in key strategic accounts
- Work closely with a team of sales professionals ensuring that information is shared to benefit the organization
- Through market analysis and strong knowledge of the business, identify key opportunities in the territory and connect with key stakeholders and our vendors
- Prospect for new business/ lead generation through the use of networking, participation in industry functions, identifying speaking or meeting opportunities, direct sales efforts, product demonstration, mini-shows, and other means of generating interest from potential customers
- Actively build prospective client relationships from initial conversation through to close
- Qualify leads, scope of opportunity and manage business through the sales process in in the company’s CRM tool. Create the business case and success criteria for each opportunity, based on client business goals and strategic imperatives
- Work with a team on proposals, incentive programs and strategic presentations.
- Provide accurate and timely pipeline forecasting in the company CRM and work closely with team to ensure targets are realized
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high proficiency in written and oral communication
- Self-starter, with the drive to set and achieve ambitious goals
- Track record of working well in a team environment
- Experience with the channel (distribution) business model and/or experience with direct manufacturer sales in relevant industry
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement