Scrum Master – Digital Engineering
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
You should be versed and comfortable spanning the full development lifecycle, from requirements identification and prototyping, through design and implementation, to customer acceptance and delivery. You are especially passionate about working with excellent software designs and driving Agile/SCRUM processes to meet and exceed customer expectations. You welcome the challenge of working in a fast-paced, discovery-oriented environment and will be genuinely excited about the prospect of creatively exercising your problem solving skills on a continuous basis. If the (above) lines up with your natural work style, this position has a lot to offer.
What will you do?
- Act as a servant leader focused on helping the team be as effective as possible at delivering working product each sprint
- Coach the team on agile/scrum values, principles and techniques
- Schedule, facilitate and support all Scrum team level ceremonies such as sprint planning, stand-ups, sprint review/demo and retrospective
- Facilitate the collection of accurate team level metrics form Jira to be openly shared with anyone/everyone
- Ensure required artifacts are produced and readily available for PMO memorialization for the purposes of audit and compliance
- Escalate issues outside of the scope of the team, seek ownership and follow up on resolutions
- Represents their team for Scrum of Scrums in order to coordinate/sequence dependent work
- Works with the Release Train Engineer, Product Management, and their product owner to ensure the team is prepared in advance of program level events such as PI Planning, Inspect and Adapt and system or PI demos
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical degree
- A minimum of 2+ years of hands on Scrum Master experience
- Experience in the Web/eCommerce space preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile/Scrum and proven experience as a Scrum Master
- Mobile application experience a plus
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Effective ability to lead and train teams through sprint planning, retrospectives, and facilitation of multiple sprints within enterprise environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com