Job ID :
US - Utah - Logan
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a Mechanical Engineer which will assemble standard components creating customer specific drawings and complete new mechanical designs for bioprocessing equipment. This job includes review of customer product specifications and translating to a product drawing. These products include large scale bioreactors, mixers, controllers and holding tanks for fluid transfer in manufacturing of biologics.
• Provide customer facility layout drawings.
• Create new mechanical drawings to add to the existing product lines.
• Basic drafting of mechanical components for final design.
• Updating existing components/assemblies under the direction of engineering manager.
• Operate within PDM Enterprise drawing database to check drawings in and out maintaining accurate drawing revisions and histories.
• Utilize Master Control to create, pull, and submit release specifications and complete training.
• Participate in Staff Meetings for project pipeline and awareness of drawings needed.
• Coordinates necessary drawing revisions, specifications and work instructions as applicable.
• Must communicate design details with customer, mostly via the phone
• Mechanical engineering degree, with a minimum of 5 years design experience
• Ability to create/modify drawings based on daily expectations while maintaining quality of work
• Competent and proficient in SolidWorks
• Competent and proficient in AutoCAD
• Strong ability to work in a team environment, collaborate with colleagues and share workload as needed to provide quality to our customers.
• Competence in Microsoft and other office application software
• Effective communication and organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Organize workflow to meet customer deadlines
• Understanding of Oracle programs
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com