When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Provides maintenance support and project management services to produce high quality product in a safe, cost effective manner while maintaining excellent safety, human relations, and environmental standards.
- Ensures all work is conducted in a safe and effective manner and all applicable procedures and policies are followed. Takes action to correct unsafe acts, systems and procedures.
- Abides by site procedures/policies regarding security, inclusive of: employee security agreements; use of non-disclosure agreements with outside parties; control of the sites intellectual property limited to a “need to know” only basis; no unauthorized use of cell phones, cameras, computers or the sites property; reporting security threats and incidents; proper control of the sites property and keys.
- Monitors and analyses repetitive maintenance problems. Determines the root cause for equipment failures and initiate equipment or procedural changes to correct the problem. Responsible for change control for all Maintenance items.
- Maintains adequate manufacturing and support facilities to produce the highest quality product in a cost effective manner. Prepares and submits requests for equipment (major and minor) replacements and additions. Assesses manufacturing capacity and the need to upgrade facilities to meet regulatory requirements and process improvements.
- Implements approved equipment upgrade and equipment addition projects. Manages projects to stay within budget and schedule. Facilitates group sessions to determine the root cause for equipment failures per identified hurdle criteria and initiate corrective actions. Facilitates group meetings to criticality rank equipment using the critical equipment matrix.
- Defines the optimum PPM program by facilitating group sessions and developing FMEA’s for the most critical equipment.
- Prepares, reviews and approves production records including maintenance procedures, operating procedures, JSA’s, and change requests as required.
- Interacts with Maintenance and Technicians on a regular basis to ensure effective communication of production and compliance related changes in procedures. Conducts formalized training for operative/craft personnel as necessary.
- Assists in developing operating goals in support of divisional, unit, and corporate objectives. Develops plans to reduce COGS by continuously improving efficiencies, processing times, reducing labor and material costs, reducing maintenance costs and controlling expense budgets.
- Maintains compliance with environmental programs. Promotes waste reduction and recovery projects and incorporate associated operations in applicable manufacturing processes. Ensures staff is trained on current waste disposal procedures and prevention procedures. Identifies opportunities to minimize waste and to recycle.
- Complies with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or related field
- 2-3 years’ experience as a reliability engineer
- SAP experience
- Strong communication skills
- Oral Solid Dose experience preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.