Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Domain expertise in Refrigeration System.
- Perform the design of refrigeration systems for refrigeration applications (+4 C to -180 C) including hydrocarbon and natural refrigerant based systems.
- Perform heat load calculations to determine refrigeration requirements and heat transfer and thermodynamic analysis associated with sizing and selection of refrigeration components.
- Good Experience in mass flow management (Water and other liquids) & selection of critical components like pumps, motor etc.
- Good Experience in design optimization by meeting refrigeration and flow requirements with in the systems.
- Expertise on VCRS and acquaintance to alternative refrigeration technologies (Thermoelectric, Absorption systems etc.)
- Owns & establishes the Design Record Book for the critical Refrigeration components
- Build the Design Verification plan. Understand refrigeration system components and how the refrigeration system is affected as components and balance the system to meet unit performance and energy requirement.
- Develop Sampling plans with respect to inherent and induced variation respective to the product lines.
- Acquaintance to system and component level reliability requirements
- Understanding of system and component level Agency requirements, not limited to but comprising of UL, IEC standards
- Develop the DFMEA, ability to predict the failure modes. Develop & draft Engineering test procedure (ETP) to validate the new failure modes identified.
- Provide leadership, supervision and coordination for design activities related to existing products and custom equipment
- Support other engineers in refrigeration analysis and Lead refrigeration design through technical reviews
- Design products and systems to meet requirements of quality, cost effectiveness, energy efficiency, customer requirements, company standards and other predetermined competitive factors.
- Work effectively with global cross-functional teams during all phases of the toll-gate NPD process
- Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering \\ Masters in refrigeration or Thermal engineering (preferred) with 8+ yrs of experience.
- Experience working with Leading Ref/HVAC OEMs desired (GE,LG, Bluestar, Carrier, Haier, Whirlpool PDC, LG soft, Whirlpool GTech, Bosch etc)
- Hands on theoretical calculations and mathematical modeling at system and component level
- Acquaintance to Evaluation plans at system and component level
- Acquaintance to product reliability requirements
- Experience on cascade refrigeration system will be plus.
- Knowledge on other emerging technologies like Sterling etc, will be preferable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills required to manage small and large projects.
- Ability to apply design principles and practices in the design, development and verification of possible solutions.
- Strong understanding of new product development technologies, project management experience and various customer applications.
- Knowledge on Risk assessment, Root cause analysis procedures, DFMEA, PFMEA, ISO, etc is desirable.
- Knowledge of DFM & DFA with respect to ease of manufacture and assembly.
- Oversee testing and analysis of products to determine product performance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.