Technical Application Specialist (TAS)
Job ID :
South Korea - Seoul
Technical Applications Specialist
Based in Seoul, Korea
Based in Seoul, Korea
The Technical Applications Scientist is responsible for providing mainly office based the post-sales technical support to customers and internal staff. This position is primarily focused on supporting Invitrogen & Thermo Fisher Scientific consumable products for cellular biology, molecular biology, synthethic biology, protein biology.
- Provide technical support for Invitrogen, Thermo Fisher Scientific product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries received via telephone, email or web chat.
- Support the Thermo Fisher Scientific business by partnering with the commercial team to drive customer success and business growth.
- Assist the sales team and the channel sales team by providing technical support.
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system.
- Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ’s and troubleshooting guides.
- Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to department meetings.
- Present technical and product information at trade shows
- Participate in additional special team or individual projects.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required.
- May be required to travel to customer or company sites, locally, interstate and occasionally overseas.
- Create and deliver compliant communication and documentation procedures associated with regulated products as required by Korean regulatory authorities, for example the Live and Modified Organism requirements.
Experience and Education
- Have a Master’s degree in molecular biology or similar field.
- 3+ years of laboratory and company experience in molecular biology techniques required.
- Experience in a broad range of genetic analysis techniques including nucleic acid purification, gene expression profiling, cDNA synthesis, protein preparation, immunoblotting, cell culture, cell imaging, etc.
- Experience in interacting with Regulatory Organizations and in supplying compliant documentaion, conducting audits, maintianing records and monitoring changes in legislative cahnges.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues
- Ability to plan, execute and analyse complex project data
- Ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work to deadlines
- Have a positive attitude
- Experience in an applied science area (i.e. food and animal health, clinical research, diagnostics, etc) desirable.
- Experience in a customer service role
- Bioinformatics or IT related skills