When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Technical Sales Specialist is part of the commercial organization supporting the Biosciences Division portfolio which includes reagents, instruments, and consumables from across the division’s six business units: Molecular Biology; Protein and Cell Analysis; Antibodies and Immunoassays; Synthetic Biology; Sample Preparation; and Cell Biology.
The position manages sales execution of the synthetic biology portfolio in an assigned geography to include accounts and customers in MD, DE, DC, KY, MD, WV, NIH, and Academic PA in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans.
How will you make an impact?
The Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) is a field sales position to grow the Synthetic Biology portfolio. The successful candidate will have the ability to build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and life science customers, position and sell relevant products across customer applications.
What will you do?
- Achieve or exceed sales quota and objectives, while maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction
- Maintain contact with customers to promote new products, close deals, and grow sales, as well as develop new prospects
- Develop strong working relationship with Marketing, Technical Support, Customer Support and Production
- Organize and conduct technical seminars
- Develop a strong working knowledge of assigned products and services as well as applications utilized by our customer base, as well as strong working knowledge of the features and benefits of competitive products
- Develop a working knowledge of funding, market dynamics & end-user needs
- Play an active role within the NA commercial team, to share leads, develop opportunities, contribute to team spirit, and improve account penetration.
- Train/enable/support commercial representatives for base business maintenance and grow key accounts in the sales territory.
- Consistently and accurately manage sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
- Evaluate, attend and support local trade shows and conferences as needed.
As a member of our dynamic, high achieving sales team, in a rapidly expanding market you will manage the sales responsibility in specific geography for the synthetic biology product line. As the Synthetic Biology Sales Specialist you will work with the district sales teams to identify, lead and drive the sales process for products in our synthetic biology. Be accountable for the pricing, prioritization and sales activity in assigned territory for synthetic biology reagents and services.
How will you get here?
Master’s Degree in Cell Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience.
- Previous sales experience preferred, Molecular biology reagents and services
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent technical skill and experience in in Cell and Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genome Editing (siRNA and CRISPR technologies), Genetics, Protein Expression and/or a related field is preferred.
- Excellent oral presentation skills required.
- Ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively and advance the capital equipment sales process consistently.
- Highly proficient sales and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple high value, long sales cycle business opportunities simultaneously.
- High motivation and energy level to develop new business
- Has or will rapidly develop contact with external customers, internal customers as well as all levels of Company employees.
- Travel will be at least 50%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com