When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Sr. Project Manager is part of the commercial organization supporting the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) portfolio which provides high-value genomic data to assist critical decisions in research and applied markets - Quantitative PCR | Sanger Sequencing | Human Identification | AgriGenomics.
How will you make an impact?
In this role you will help ensure customer success in the reproductive health field by managing implementation and assisting with ongoing support of complex applications. This role requires technical expertise in Microarray or Sequencing as a foundation, but is primarily focused on leading projects working with Field based application scientists and internal subject matter experts involving process optimization for implementation, technical support and escalations and facilitating global cooperation and communication. Project management skills and some global travel are required
What will you do?
- Manage and oversee implementation of complex sequencing and microarray-based applications in customer sites within the reproductive health field
- Identify opportunities to accelerate implementation process
- Work with subject matter experts and field based support teams to optimize and ensure efficient technical escalation processes
- Understand customer and business requirements and help direct internal and field efforts to meet customer needs
- Provide regular reports and visibility of support –related topics to business unit leadership
- Coordinate support activities around implementation and ongoing support for key account sites
- Generate materials to assist in flawless implementation and ongoing support activities
- Participate in and lead process improvements related to customer needs in the reproductive health field
- Facilitate global communication within support teams for specific application areas
- Provide liaison to internal escalation, product marketing and QA teams
How will you get here?
Requires PhD or Master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics or related field
- 4 years Field Applications, Technical Support or related customer-facing experience
- Project management experience
- Experience in a clinical environment a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and ability solve problems in a cooperative manner
- Must be a good team player, proven skills as an effective communicator, ability to work within a variety of global settings
- Requires up to 25% international travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com